SWOC analysis is a tool that assists an institution in identifying its Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Challenges. SWOC is often used in strategic planning process as it helps to generate ideas about what is working, what needs work, what are the prospects, and what are the potential issues or trouble. Strengths and weaknesses are viewed as being internal to the institution while opportunities and challenges are external to the institution. The SWOC is represented as follows:
The SWOC of ASTHA School of Management is prepared after meticulous assessment of the internal and external environment. The SWOC identification of our institution, enables us to devise our strategies, and objectives thereof.
The Salient points of the SWOC Analysis are presented below:
- Standalone MBA college highly focused on imparting management education of distinguished quality.
- Higher credibility of the Institute in providing quality education at an affordable cost since 2008 in the state of Odisha.
- A pioneer in integrating Human Values with MBA course curriculum through Value Added Course called Personal Effectiveness Programme.
- Indigenously designed and developed Competency Incubator & Assessment Centre for continuous competency training and evaluation.
- A well-designed behavioural lab with facility to administer psychometric assessments, counselling and behavioural modification.
- Propagating spiritualism along with professional education through YUGMA.
- Physical fitness Awareness / Encouraging games and sports through Yoga sensitization, handball, cricket and badminton.
- Good record of campus placement for management graduates with a present median salary 3.5 lakh per annum and has been a good ROI for the management graduates of the Institute.
- Strong motivation of faculty and staff to Implement academic and examination reforms at the Institute.
- Rigorous faculty selection process.
- The Institute is able to generate self-financing seats and internal resources for physical and academic infrastructure augmentation.
- The Institute has a well-drafted charter on transparency, best practices, and empathy for students, faculty, staffs and other stakeholders.
- The Institute has an active student council for institutional development and welfare activities within and outside campus.
- Inadequate scholarly research and publications by our full-time faculty in national and international journal of repute which are Scopus / Web of Science indexed.
- Inadequate number of students’ admission with higher percentage/percentile of marks and with prior industry experience in the MBA programme.
- Inadequate number of industry-driven courses in the MBA curriculum and hence, there is lack of practitioner perspective in the existing MBA curriculum.
- Lack of regional diversity in students and faculty in the campus.
- Students get enough time to involve in various extra-curricular and co-curricular activities by capitalizing their time-flexibility and compatibility in the class schedule of the courses.
- Students capitalize on the Institute’s INDUSTRY CONNECT PROGRAMME organized in every semester of the MBA Programme.
- Investment in e-learning and MOOCs is an opportunity yet to be harnessed for quality education and to generate resources.
- Faculty members of the Institute can make use of flexi-time and institute’s resources for scholarly research and publications in the refereed journals of international repute.
- Corporate recognition as training partners.
- Bi-lingual competence of the faculty can be leveraged to deliver management education in regional language.
- Location as a disadvantage is minimized by creating a competent environment for the students at the Institute.
- Though challenging, but innovative teaching pedagogy with modern technological exposure at ASTHA SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT for the BPUT prescribed syllabus of MBA Programme has made the students well-equipped and more competitive.
- Stiff competition from national and regional institutes/universities of repute is addressed through credible academic practices and good governance at ASTHA School of Management.
- The Institute has been working closely with Students, Parents, Alumni, Employers, Academic Peer to increase perception through possible accreditation, compliance, and rankings of the Institute both at national as well as international level.